If there is a crime problem in your area, the Self Evident app can help by letting you record evidence & report to the police.
top 5 apps to make life better. *****
The app puts you in control by letting you
- secure legally sound evidence of the crime,
- record a reliable statement,
- validate the evidence for an insurance or compensation claim
- file a crime report with the police from your smartphone.
How are app reports handled in my area?
More and more forces are recognising the value of the app as a practical way for the public to engage with them and help reduce crime.
- Reports sent via the app are now handled centrally at Police HQ in these areas: Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Cheshire, Cumbria, Dyfed-Powys, Essex, Gloucestershire, Gwent, Hampshire, Hertfordshire, Kent, Lancashire, Leicestershire, Merseyside, Metropolitan Police (London), Greater Manchester, Norfolk, Northumbria, North Wales, North Yorkshire, South Wales, South Yorkshire, Suffolk, Sussex, Thames Valley (Berkshire, Buckinghamshire & Oxfordshire), Warwickshire and West Mercia (Herefordshire, Shropshire & Worcestershire).
- In the remaining areas of England & Wales, reports are sent automatically via the local neighbourhood police team.
View your report in your online account
After sending a report from your phone, you can view and manage it online in your private account, track when the police access it and give confidential feedback on their response.
The image below shows a Self Evident report of a burglary with validated evidence. This is how reports and evidence appear in your account.
The app is a simple, secure and smart way for victims and witnesses to make a report and help the police to cut crime, whether it's anti-social behaviour, burglary,car crime, child abuse, criminal damage, domestic violence, forgery, fraud, harassment, hate crime, mugging, police misconduct or complaints, rape,robbery, sex crime, stalking, street violence, terrorism or theft.
Report Crime - Secure the Evidence - Cut Crime