If there is a crime problem in your area, the Self Evident app can help by letting you record evidence & report to the police.
Repeatedly rated a top app.*****
Self Evident is a convenient and effective way for the public to engage with the police and help reduce crime. With 12,000 downloads already, welcome to the future. Get yours now.
The app puts you in control by letting you
- secure legally sound evidence of the crime,
- record a reliable statement,
- validate the evidence for an insurance or compensation claim
- file a crime report with the police from your smartphone.
You can also attach evidence recorded outside the app, e.g. on a camera, CCTV or phone. Read more...
Watch the BBC News report on the app to see how Self Evident makes reporting 'much more convenient for the citizen'.
How are app reports handled in my area?
More and more forces are recognising the value of the app as a practical way for the public to engage with them and help reduce crime.
- Reports sent via the app are now handled centrally at Police HQ in these areas: Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Cheshire, Cumbria, Dyfed-Powys, Essex, Gloucestershire, Gwent, Hampshire, Hertfordshire, Kent, Lancashire, Leicestershire, Merseyside, Metropolitan Police (London), Greater Manchester, Norfolk, Northumbria, North Wales, North Yorkshire, South Wales, South Yorkshire, Suffolk, Sussex, Thames Valley (Berkshire, Buckinghamshire & Oxfordshire), Warwickshire and West Mercia (Herefordshire, Shropshire & Worcestershire).
- In the remaining areas of England & Wales, reports are sent automatically via the local neighbourhood police team.
The Self Evident app is a simple, secure and smart way to help you do the right thing and put an end to child abuse. As and when you do use the app to contact the police, an email link to your crime report is sent automatically to the right police team in England & Wales. Click here to read how the police will respond to your report.
When you tap Send on the app, an email link to your crime report is sent automatically to the right police team in England & Wales. Click here to find out more about how the police will respond to your report.
View your report in your online account
After sending a report from your phone, you can view and manage it online in your private account, track when the police access it and give confidential feedback on their response.
The image below shows a Self Evident report of a burglary with validated evidence. This is how reports and evidence appear in your account.
The app is a simple, secure and smart way for victims and witnesses to make a report and help the police to cut crime, whether it's anti-social behaviour, burglary,car crime, child abuse, criminal damage, domestic violence, forgery, fraud, harassment, hate crime, mugging, police misconduct or complaints, rape,robbery, sex crime, stalking, street violence, terrorism or theft.
Report Crime - Secure the Evidence - Cut Crime